1

Topic: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

I´ve created a List of esxDOS .DOT-Commands (="esxDOS-Systemcommands") which can be runned from within esxDOS.

Here you can found actual Version V001 of the List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7

Four of the Commands on the list I build myself from short MCode-Sources I found on the Internet:
.flipscr, .scrolldwn, .whitenoi, .zxcircle
These are bare Demo-Commands without big usefulness. They can be downloaded here (Filename: 2017-08-17 .Demos-V001.zip):

forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=6567

2

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

I have a couple more:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6XhJJ … sp=sharing

Two are ZX Next only:

bmp2next converts standard 256-colour bitmaps to bitmaps using the Next's RRRGGGBB palette.
The PC version was written by Jim Bagley.

nextgrab extracts tiles and sprites from a bitmap.
The PC version was written by Jim Bagley.

This one works for everybody:

dzx7 is a decompressor for .zx7 compressed files.

All have source, written in C and compiled with z88dk.

3

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

Thanks!

I´ll included this in the next Version of my list. And also include some .Commands I found in the TBBLUE.MMC-SD-Card-Image which is included in ZEsarUX v5.1 Emulator like: .playrmov

Will report here, when I have new version of list ready.

4

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V002 ist out (same Access-URL)

Changes:

V002 2017-08-20: Correction: .scrolldwn (renamed to shorter: .scrolldn), Added: .bmp2next, nextgrab, dzx7, backoff, backon, .BMPLOAD, .CLS, .playrmov, .testspr2, .tosprram

5 (edited by Luzie 2017-09-08 21:20:33)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V003 is out (same Access-URL)

Changes:

V003 2017-09-07: Added: .launcher, .strings, .tapeIN v0.3, .tapeOUT v0.2

6

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V004 is out (same Access-URL)

Changes:

V004 2017-09-08: Added: .play

7

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V005 of list is out (same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … =599361c7)

Changes:

V005 2017-09-09: Added: .ownrom, .testram

8 (edited by Luzie 2017-09-10 20:01:27)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V006 of list is out:

Changes:

V006 2017-09-10: Added: New versions of .ls and .partinfo (aka .partinf2)

Info .ls ((New version from ub880d from 2017-09-09, e.g. adding possibility to sort after date):
http://sindik.at/~ub880d/2017/09/11-sta … m-sate-ls/

Download .ls Command + INFO-Txtfile: http://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/downl … hp?id=6635
Please note that Author ub (aka ub880d) mentions the limitation of this newest .ls version to sort a maximum of 256 files (mainly due to memory constraints)!

New "Bugfixed/Patched" .partinfo from ub880d (temporary called .partinf2, but should be named .partinfo):
Download at the time of writing only here: http://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/downl … hp?id=6633

9

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

Hi Luzie,

I'm moving the dot commands I've been writing out of my google driver and to the repo here:
https://github.com/z88dk/z88dk/tree/mas … ot-command

.bmp2next & .nextgrab I've removed as the Next has changed its colour scheme to rgb333 from rgb332.  Those programs will still work with the default palette but it can be better so replacements will come later.

10 (edited by Luzie 2017-11-11 18:49:43)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

Alcoholics Anonymous wrote:

Hi Luzie,

I'm moving the dot commands I've been writing out of my google driver and to the repo here:
https://github.com/z88dk/z88dk/tree/mas … ot-command

.bmp2next & .nextgrab I've removed as the Next has changed its colour scheme to rgb333 from rgb332.  Those programs will still work with the default palette but it can be better so replacements will come later.

Hi Alcoholics Anonymous, thanks for your infos!
Maybe you could think over renaming ".strings"? As there´s already / also another .strings-command from ub880d...

New Version V007 of list is out (same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … 599361c7))

Changes:

V007 2017-11-11: Added: .strings v1.0 (Version from Alcoholics Anonymous/z88dk.org) and .drives from david_ps.
Changes: Added Infos on: .dzx7, .extract, .bmp2next and .nextgrab

11

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

Luzie wrote:

Hi Alcoholics Anonymous, thanks for your infos!
Maybe you could think over renaming ".strings"? As there´s already / also another .strings-command from ub880d...

"strings" is a standard program for searching for text inside files so we've both written the same program.  I think for standard programs like this (ls, cat, more, strings, cd, etc) it's probably better to distinguish them in the help text.

12

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V008 of list is out (same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7 )

Changes:

V008 2017-12-13: Added: hexview v0.1, drives v0.1 and .rm v0.1 by Dr. Slump (=david_ps)

13

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V009 of list is out (same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7 )

Changes:

V009 2017-12-28: Added: hexview v0.2 by Dr. Slump (=david_ps)

14

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V010 of list is out (same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7 )

Changes:

V010 2018-01-05: Added: hexview v0.3 by Dr. Slump (=david_ps)
http://board.esxdos.org/viewtopic.php?pid=632#p632

15 (edited by mcleod_ideafix 2018-04-12 14:40:57)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

.playrmov is from the ZX-UNO repository. Source is available there.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno
user: guest
password: zxuno

Directory /software/modo_radastan/videos_radastanianos

More dot commands I wrote for the original Spectrum and ZX-UNO:

.playzxm : (Spectrum 128K). Plays video (just video, not audio) using the standard Spectrum screen. It can play B&W and color videos. Needs 128K (two videorams). Source and examples included.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/playzxm

.dmaplayw : (ZX-UNO only). Plays an audio WAV file using Specdrum (for 8 bit sound output) and ZX-UNO DMA. WAV file needs to be encoded as 8 bit unsigned samples and 15625 Hz sampling frequency. Source and examples at:
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/dma/dmaplayw

.joyconf : (ZX-UNO only). Tests and configures joystick interface on ZX-UNO. This dot command is interesting because it is not written in ASM, but in C. Source at:
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/joyconf

.keymap (ZX-UNO only). Small utility to load a keyboard map from a file into the ZX-UNO.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/keymap

.loadpzx (ZX-UNO only). PZX loader for the ZX-UNO. Loads a PZX into memory (to be later played from the ZX-UNO itself) and directs execution to the LOAD routine. This command is interesting because it is written in C, and has some assembler bits to instruct ESXDOS to detach any .TAP file from input and perform a pure LOAD "" automatically.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/loadpzx

.readspi and .writespi (ZX-UNO only): small utilities to make backup and restore copies of the SPI Flash inside ZX-UNO. Illustrate in a simple way how to open, read and write files in ESXDOS, and how to handle SPI Flash commands.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/spiflashutils

.zxunocfg (ZX-UNO only). Main configuration utility for ZX-UNO. Illustrates how to read parameterse for a dot command using assembler.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/zxunocfg

16 (edited by Luzie 2018-04-12 19:50:18)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

mcleod_ideafix wrote:

.playrmov is from the ZX-UNO repository. Source is available there.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno
user: guest
password: zxuno

Directory /software/modo_radastan/videos_radastanianos

More dot commands I wrote for the original Spectrum and ZX-UNO:

.playzxm : (Spectrum 128K). Plays video (just video, not audio) using the standard Spectrum screen. It can play B&W and color videos. Needs 128K (two videorams). Source and examples included.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/playzxm

.dmaplayw : (ZX-UNO only). Plays an audio WAV file using Specdrum (for 8 bit sound output) and ZX-UNO DMA. WAV file needs to be encoded as 8 bit unsigned samples and 15625 Hz sampling frequency. Source and examples at:
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/dma/dmaplayw

.joyconf : (ZX-UNO only). Tests and configures joystick interface on ZX-UNO. This dot command is interesting because it is not written in ASM, but in C. Source at:
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/joyconf

.keymap (ZX-UNO only). Small utility to load a keyboard map from a file into the ZX-UNO.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/keymap

.loadpzx (ZX-UNO only). PZX loader for the ZX-UNO. Loads a PZX into memory (to be later played from the ZX-UNO itself) and directs execution to the LOAD routine. This command is interesting because it is written in C, and has some assembler bits to instruct ESXDOS to detach any .TAP file from input and perform a pure LOAD "" automatically.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/loadpzx

.readspi and .writespi (ZX-UNO only): small utilities to make backup and restore copies of the SPI Flash inside ZX-UNO. Illustrate in a simple way how to open, read and write files in ESXDOS, and how to handle SPI Flash commands.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/spiflashutils

.zxunocfg (ZX-UNO only). Main configuration utility for ZX-UNO. Illustrates how to read parameterse for a dot command using assembler.
http://svn.zxuno.com/svn/zxuno/software/zxunocfg

Dear mcleod_ideafix,

thanks for the infos / .COMMANDS! I hope to find spare time to update my list over the weekend.

( I even have to include those two new versions of .COMMANDS ".rm" and ".drives" from david_ps:
http://board.esxdos.org/viewtopic.php?pid=720#p720 )

17

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

Any chance of an update to this list?

18 (edited by Luzie 2018-05-13 20:01:56)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

mcleod_ideafix wrote:

Any chance of an update to this list?

Sorry for the delay!

New Version V011 of list is out ( same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7 )

Changes:

V011 2018-05-13: Added updated .playpt3 and .partInfo (from esxDOS v0.8.6-RC3), .drives v0.2 and .rm v0.2 by Dr. Slump (=david_ps), .playzxm, .dmaplayw (ZX-Uno only), .joyconf (ZX-Uno only), .keymap (ZX-Uno only), .loadpzx (ZX-Uno only), .readspi (ZX-Uno only), .writespi (ZX-Uno only), zxunocfg (ZX-Uno only) and Infos on .playrmov from mcleod_ideafix

19 (edited by Luzie 2018-05-20 13:02:24)

Re: Almost (In-) Complete List of esxDOS DOT-Commands

New Version V012 of list is out ( same Access-URL: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … s=599361c7 )

Changes:

V012 2018-05-20: Added updated .ls (Filedate: 2018-03-09), .128 and .playtfm (from esxDOS v0.8.6 Final) and updated Infos on .partinfo and playpt3 which are included in esxDOS v0.8.6 Final)