201 (edited by Luzie 2017-12-28 21:12:17)

Re: New NMI handler / .commands

david_ps wrote:

New release of dot command hexview, v0.2:
Incorrect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6rddebfpd9iu … 2.zip?dl=0
Corrected: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzoqhs56m0lxz … 2.zip?dl=0

hexview v0.2 By Dr. Slump 2017

Usage: hexview [filename]

Shows a hex dump of [filename]

Navigation keys:

ENTER,  BREAK - Exit
  UP,        LEFT    - Prex page
  DOWN,  RIGHT  - Next page
               EDIT    - First page

When I just enter .hexview without parameter no help is shown. Instead it shows: "Invalid command  line, 0:1"

Luzie wrote:

Thank you very much! Maybe you could think over adding the remove Directory / your .rm command to the NMI-navigator?

It's possible but a bit dangerous hmm smile

203 (edited by bracula80 2017-12-28 20:55:33)

Hi, I had to go back to the previous version, the 0.13 because with the latter when loading a trd file, I was not able to load anything again and I had to unplug the spectrum, say that I have a divmmc in a spectrum + 2 gray, a greeting and many thanks for the work you do¡¡¡

204 (edited by Luzie 2017-12-28 21:01:15)

bracula80 wrote:

Hi, I had to go back to the previous version, the 0.13 because with the latter when loading a trd file, I was not able to load anything again and I had to unplug the spectrum, say that I have a divmmc in a spectrum + 2 gray, a greeting and many thanks for the work you do¡¡¡

OK. Since my tests with 0.0.14 (only on Emulators SpecEmu and ZEsarUX yet) I have not discovered problems with loading another .TRD after loading a .TRD. I have to try on real hardware divMMC or can you give more details on the TRD-Images you try to load?

Luzie wrote:

When I just enter .hexview without parameter no help is shown. Instead it shows: "Invalid command  line, 0:1"

Luzie, I changed the link, previous link was incorrect. Try the new one. Thanks!

david_ps wrote:
Luzie wrote:

Luzie, I changed the link, previous link was incorrect. Try the new one. Thanks!

New Version works OK! Thank you!

bracula80 wrote:

Hi pecador de la pradera, I test 0.14 in emulators (zesarux 6.1, fuse 1.5.0, specemu 3.1, zxspin 0.7) and physical machines (speccy 48k, speccy +, zaxon just speccy 128 and superfo zx nuvo 128) and all works ok, in fact, this version works with more TRDs than previous versions. Can you post me those TRDs to check it? God save Chiquito

False alarm, mate, I go back to 0.14 and I've done several tests and all ok, I do not know why the first time I installed it gave me those failures, so for now all ok with version 0.14.
thank you very much

david_ps wrote:

Christmas release of NMI navigator, v.0.0.14:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iiaubdrz1m94 … 4.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bfxfbz4lqvzc … 4.zip?dl=0
Changes:

• Max overlay size changed to 765 bytes, need recompile custom module (M).

• Open a .TRD file now uses same method than old NMI handler. There are three options available:
    ENTER: Try to autoboot disk, if it fails then open TR-DOS Navigator with disk attached to drive A (like old NMI handler).
    CS+ENTER: Enter TR-DOS mode with disk attached to drive A (supported by the API).
    SS+ENTER: Open TR-DOS Navigator with disk attached to drive A (my method revisited).

Known problems:
My NMI navigator works on versions from v0.8.5 to v0.8.6 beta 4. On version v0.8.6 beta 5.1 load .BAS files don't work.

Now, all the TRDs that work with the old NMI navigator should work with the new one. Guys, please check it!

Another question people, do you think it is necessary to create a small manual with the instructions to install it, changes with respect to the old NMI browser, and operation with the keyboard / joystick?

Hi David, great work. Thanks.

Could you perhaps repair/ change one thing. If I have a list of files that does not cover all the page (eg. 20 files), I cannot move left/right with cursor, only up/down.

Left/right could bring me to the very start/end of the file list.

Left/right normally works if the page is full of files, but does not work if the page is not full.

I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Hood

210 (edited by Luzie 2017-12-30 09:08:12)

David, just let me nominate your new esxDOS NMI-handler for me the "ZX Spectrum Software Utility of the year 2017"!

Have a Happy New Year!

david_ps wrote:

Another question people, do you think it is necessary to create a small manual with the instructions to install it, changes with respect to the old NMI browser, and operation with the keyboard / joystick?

Many commands, hints and commands can only be captured when working through the complete thread.
I think a readme file would be enough.
But would have to make someone who can write good English (I can be very inaccurate).
I wish everyone a happy new year,
Günter

Hood wrote:

Could you perhaps repair/ change one thing. If I have a list of files that does not cover all the page (eg. 20 files), I cannot move left/right with cursor, only up/down.

Left/right normally works if the page is full of files, but does not work if the page is not full.

Hi hood, left/right keys intends to move to previous/next page, up/down keys intends to move to previous/next line, I think that is what the keys do.
I can add a new behavior to the left / right keys, that when we are on the first page and press left the cursor moves to the first element of the directory, and that when we are on the last page and press right the cursor moves to the last element of the directory.

david_ps wrote:
Hood wrote:

Hi hood, left/right keys intends to move to previous/next page, up/down keys intends to move to previous/next line, I think that is what the keys do.
I can add a new behavior to the left / right keys, that when we are on the first page and press left the cursor moves to the first element of the directory, and that when we are on the last page and press right the cursor moves to the last element of the directory.

That would be great. Thanks.

214 (edited by Luzie 2018-01-03 10:04:27)

david_ps wrote:

New release of dot command hexview, v0.2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzoqhs56m0lxz … 2.zip?dl=0

hexview v0.2 By Dr. Slump 2017

Navigation keys:

ENTER,  BREAK - Exit
               EDIT    - First page

Could you please add Key 0 (=Sinclair Joystick Fire Key) to Exit from hexview?

Thanks!

Luzie wrote:

Could you please add Key 0 (=Sinclair Joystick Fire Key) to Exit from hexview?

Thanks!

New release of dot command hexview, v0.3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/no71yzhxrn9ej … 3.zip?dl=0

hexview v0.3 By Dr. Slump 2017

Navigation keys:

ENTER,  BREAK - Exit
               EDIT    - First page

Kempston & Cursor joysticks

Can you add key for direct call dot command .MON from your NMI browser ? MON is debugger/monitor/may chnge text in game code, trace game/include pokes...

velesoft wrote:

Can you add key for direct call dot command .MON from your NMI browser ? MON is debugger/monitor/may chnge text in game code, trace game/include pokes...

Hi Velesoft, yes, it's possible, it will be available on next release wink

Wow, just started to read this thread, and it's AWESOME!
I really like the incredible job you are doing David, and fully support that!

Will feature this thread and the current version (0.0.14) of the NMI Navigator on my Facebook page (ByteDelight).
GREAT JOB!

Thanks! I have almost finished the next revision, I will release it shortly.
These days I've been pretty busy:
My two treasures

220 (edited by velesoft 2018-02-03 18:37:52)

Please add OUT 255,0 before start browser. This OUT set standard graphic zx mode on computers Timex2048,Timex2068 and on SLAM (ula replacement by Mark Smith).

velesoft wrote:

Please add OUT 255,0 before start browser. This OUT set standard graphic zx mode on computers Timex2048,Timex2068 and on SLAM (ula replacement by Mark Smith).

Ok, on next release wink

222 (edited by mcleod_ideafix 2018-02-13 14:58:50)

Small bug report: version tested: 0.0.14
- From BASIC, call the NMI browser. Enter a directory. Press BREAK to return to BASIC
- Now .cd / from command line
- Now call the NMI browser again. The title bar will still have the directory name you entered to in the first place, while the listing will belong to the root directory, but incomplete, only first page.
- To return to a working condition, using the browser, enter a directory and then change to the root directory. This time it will show all its files again.

And a feature request:
It is possible to associate a file extension to an external command so when the user selects from the NMI browser a file with such extension, the corresponding command is executed?

Thanks!

223 (edited by Uto 2018-02-14 10:12:40)

It is possible to associate a file extension to an external command so when the user selects from the NMI browser a file with such extension, the corresponding command is executed?

Thanks!

This one is a very interesting feature,it  may allow the NMI browser to be expanded so it can launch "viewers" for many different file types.

mcleod_ideafix wrote:

Small bug report: version tested: 0.0.14
- From BASIC, call the NMI browser. Enter a directory. Press BREAK to return to BASIC
- Now .cd / from command line
- Now call the NMI browser again. The title bar will still have the directory name you entered to in the first place, while the listing will belong to the root directory, but incomplete, only first page.
- To return to a working condition, using the browser, enter a directory and then change to the root directory. This time it will show all its files again.

Thanks mcleod, I'm working on it!

225 (edited by david_ps 2018-02-19 22:38:56)

Uto wrote:

Thanks!

This one is a very interesting feature,it  may allow the NMI browser to be expanded so it can launch "viewers" for many different file types.

There is very low room for NMI code, any option of this type requires a lot of it. It's possible implement it with a file of fixed with fields, [EXT][COMMAND] (a binary file). A very basic error check is possible, but everything resides in how well built the configuration file is.