Topic: [SOLVED] Struggling to get autoboot.bas working.
I have now successfully upgraded my divMMC enJOY min from 0.8.5 to 0.8.7 to enable me to use the autoboot feature.
I wish to get a tap file to auto load from a cold boot but I can not even get the autoboot.bas running. Could someone please check my procedure.
From what Info have managed to scavenge from various places I am doing the following.
1. Edited /SYS/CONFIG/ESXDOS.CFG and set AutoBoot=1 (Using Notepad++)
2. Booted my divMMC. NMI'ed to the /SYS directory then hit the divMMC reset button.
3. Created a hello world basic listing ...
20 PRINT " Hello World! ";
20 GOTO 10
4. Issued the command .tapeout AUTOBOOT.TAP
5. Issued the command SAVE "AUTOBOOT.BAS" LINE 10
6. Issued the command .tapeout -c AUTOBOOT.TAP <<<<<< tried with and without this line.
7. Done a cold boot on the speccy.
As I am new to using esxDOS outside of the NMI browser I believe I may be getting the .tapeout bit wrong.
I managed to bugger it up that bad on one attempt I left corrupted weird directories! I formated the card and started again
Once I get the hello world working I then wish to load a .TAP file that will live in the /DEV directory.
All help appreciated!
Jaqen Dax (on FB)