Topic: V6Z80P 1.1 pendulum board, and esxDOS keyboard issue.

Hi!

I'm a gamer of 41 years old, and love to remember (and play!) the best games in the world, like Deatchase, Penetrator, Galaxians, etc... Few months ago, I discovered the V6Z80p board, and I've recently adquired a 1.0 version, and Phil kindly upgraded it to a 1.1 pendulum based one smile (Many, many thanks Phil!)

So at last I can play Spectrum games with the fantastic core developed by Alessandro!

But I've encountered an issue with the keyboard in some games, let me explain:

Loading TAP games like:

- Matchpoint, Gremlins The Adventure, Chequered Flag, La Guerra de las Vajillas...

The keyboard doesn't work... ONLY work the numbers, space, and enter keys.

If you use the Z80 version of the games, they work properly.

After a few emails with Alessandro, tried to load the games without esxDOS enabled, using the TAP Loader of the core, and they worked properly too... So it's seems it's something related to the esxDOS. :?

Any help appreciated!
Kind regards.

Re: V6Z80P 1.1 pendulum board, and esxDOS keyboard issue.

Hi!

I've made a few more tests:

Turbo Chameleon 64, with and old version of esxDOS 0.8.3, and I get the same results:

- Matchpoint, Gremlins The Adventure, Chequered Flag, La Guerra de las Vajillas...
The keyboard doesn't work... ONLY work the numbers, space, and enter keys.

I've tried too to change my keyboard... but same results with two of them...

Any help?

Kind regards.

Hi,

This seems like it could be a bug in .tap autoloader. If you load the games like this:

.tapein filename.tap
LOAD ""

Do they still have the issue?

Hi.

You're right, if I load the games via the .tapein command, the keys are working correctly.

Maybe it could be fixed in the next release smile

Thanks for the workaround!

Kind regards.

Hi,

Did you try these games with v0.8.6 BETA? I think the issue you have was fixed in the first BETA of v0.8.6.

Hi!

You're right! Replaced the esxDOS with the new beta 4 version and it's working perfectly!! smile

Many thanks for the support!
Kind regards.